Teladoc and CVS launch pilot to offer telehealth services to residents of North Carolina
Program provides North Carolinians access to the nation’s largest telehealth platform via the Internet, mobile app, secure video or phone.
Purchase, N.Y. (Feb. 10, 2016) – Teladoc (NYSE: TDOC), the nation’s telehealth leader, today announced the launch of its CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) in North Carolina. The collaboration will offer CVS/pharmacy customers and others in North Carolina 24/7 access to high-quality clinical care for non-emergency issues through the power of Teladoc’s secure and expansive technology platform. Beginning today, North Carolinians can connect with a Teladoc board-certified, state licensed physician via the Internet, mobile app, secure video or phone. Information on how to get started can be found on Teladoc.com/CVS or CVS.com.
Today’s health care environment continues to put a strain on physicians nationwide, creating challenges such as longer wait times or high emergency room costs for patients in need of non-emergent care. According to America’s Health Rankings, North Carolina ranks 26th in providing access to care with an average of one primary care physician for every 848 residents.
“Our relationship with CVS Health is not only an exciting direct-to-consumer venture for Teladoc, but also a real, innovative solution to the physician shortage across the state,” said Jason Gorevic, chief executive officer, Teladoc. “We’re confident that our decades of providing access to quality care and delivering an unmatched experience for the millions of members who rely on Teladoc will make our partnership successful.”
Telehealth is a fast-growing, safe and cost-effective health care delivery method that remotely connects patients with board-certified, state-licensed physicians who can diagnose and recommend treatment for non-emergency issues, such as cold and flu, and write short-term prescriptions when medically necessary.
To date, Teladoc has conducted more than 1 million telehealth consults primarily through partner employers, health plans, health systems, associations and unions. Now, CVS customers in North Carolina can expect Teladoc offerings to include:
- Care that connects patients with Teladoc’s network of board-certified, state-licensed physicians and behavioral health professionals, whether patients are outside of MinuteClinic hours or in regions without MinuteClinic services.
- Access to the nation’s first telehealth provider to be certified by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), a highly regarded not-for-profit organization dedicated to ensuring all health care entities are held to the highest standards.
- Sophisticated, scalable technology that allows patients to use their mobile devices to connect with a doctor when, where and how they want via Internet, secure video and phone.
- A technology platform that provides a no-stress continuity of care option that allows Teladoc’s physicians to seamlessly send records to the patient’s primary care physician.
- Pediatric capabilities for children ages 0 to 17.
- No time limits on physician visits.
How It Works
- Visit www.Teladoc.com/CVS to create your account.
- Quickly check eligibility to see if you are already a member. If not, answer a few questions about your medical history in order to give doctors the information they need to provide you with quality medical care.
- When you’re feeling sick, connect with a physician via phone call or video chat. It’s your choice.
- If a prescription is necessary, our physician will send it to the pharmacy of your choice, including your favorite or nearest CVS/pharmacy.
- Finally, you can choose whether or not you’d like to share the results of your Teladoc visit with your primary care physician.
Find more information or request a visit with a Teladoc physician at www.teladoc.com/cvs.
Teladoc, Inc. (NYSE: TDOC) is the nation’s first and largest telehealth platform, delivering on-demand health care anytime, from almost anywhere via mobile devices, the Internet, secure video and phone. Teladoc provides consumers with access to its network of more than 2,900 board-certified, state-licensed physicians and behavioral health professionals who provide care for a wide range of non-emergency conditions. With a median response time of less than 10 minutes, Teladoc physicians performed more than 575,000 telehealth visits in 2015. Teladoc and its physicians consistently earn a 95 percent member satisfaction rating or better, and Teladoc is the first telehealth provider to be certified by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for its physician credentialing process.
Recognized in June 2015 by MIT Technology Review as one of the “50 Smartest Companies,” Teladoc works with health plans, employers, organizations and individuals to provide access to affordable, high-quality health care on-demand. Teladoc is transforming the access, cost and quality dynamics of health care delivery. For more information, please visit teladoc.com, twitter.com/teladoc, facebook.com/teladoc or linkedin.com/company/teladoc.